Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Birthday To Myself



Question: Does it get better or worse now? I don't know!...

Basically the hour glass is half over and each grain of sand that passes through brings you closer to your death.  But maybe with that view of mortality on the horizon, you know actually live each day like it is your last, like enjoying your kids and family more, not sweating and getting peeved over the small stuff and taking in the things in life that are beautiful.

I think by the time you reach 40, you realize material items don't get you excited anymore, you're not chasing Bimmers and Benzs anymore, you're beginning to search for life experiences.

I still feel like a kid and act like a kid most of the time, but with a keen sense of myself and the world.  I realize the world is not all about me, in fact I make little consequence to it, as do much of us. I guess I am just a number like you. 

Used to hate to think of myself as a number as I was an arrogant prick who thought I was better than anyone. Well, I still think I am better than most, but when you see all the reality bullshit dramas on television it is not hard to envisage anyone thinking of themselves better than that.

So today is my milestone, a day I walk to the other side of the mountain and gradually decend downwards.  I just hope along the way that I encounter beauty, compassion and adventure and that before I leave this planet I am at peace with who I have become and what I have left behind.

Lotion Boy 

No comments:

Post a Comment